Essex and Norfolk

I will be away on business for the next couple of weeks so will miss the Colchester and Norwich games ... as with other international addicks, this will unfortunately mean that I will not be able to watch either of the games ... unless I can find an appropriate TV channel in Singapore.



At the minimum my son can keep me updated with text messages ... although with the time difference, I may not be awake for the Norwich game!



The last time I visited Layer Road must have been back in the early 80's. I remember we lost and it was a very wet day which did not help with the long walk from Colchester station. The ground was very basic then (may well still be the case) with wooden planks as terraces.



Will be back the day before the Leicester game and hoping that I have missed 2 wins ... and then watching another one against the Foxes.



I won't be getting my Coventry tickets until I get back so hopefully there will still be some left! Bearing in mind we are getting 4,000 I presume there will be ... but wouldn't it be great if we could sell out without the club having to arrange another 'Operation' day out.



Anyway, c'mon you Reds over the next 2 weeks ... it's gonna seem strange being away and not catching up with games on the TV ... for the last 8 years it's been no problem wherever I was!



Well ... as those of you who have been to Singapore know, at least I'm going to be enjoying a lot of great food!



3 comments:

Wyn Grant said...

Layer Road is still very basic, I went there with Leamington in the FA Cup. It's also very difficult to reach from the station (even Colchester Town).

charlton north-downs said...

Last time I went to Layer Road it was September 1974 and we lost 3-0 in the worst performance of our promotion season. First and last time my Dad and I walked out with ten minutes to go.

StoneMuse said...

Unfortunately I was also at that game in 1974 - not one to remember!

Post a Comment